The ATO requires that all businesses submit PAYG payment summary information for their employees by August 14. To make this simpler for you, you are now able to lodge the PAYG payment summaries automatically through KeyPay.
Prior to following the steps below, make sure you have updated your ATO Supplier details. You can update these by clicking on the “Business” menu, then "Payroll Settings", then “ATO Supplier Settings”.
Within your ATO Supplier Settings, ensure you are enabled for electronic lodgement. If you are not, refer to ATO Cloud software authentication and authorisation (CAA) for instructions in setting this up.
Now, simply follow these steps:
- First, make sure you have generated and published your PAYG payment summaries for your employees.
- Within “Payment Summaries”, click on "Lodge".
- A pop-up box will appear - make the appropriate selection of what you want to lodge, tick that you accept the terms and conditions and then click on "Lodge now".
- The file will go through a validation process and if everything is correct, the following confirmation message will appear:
- The lodgement process is complete!
N.B. If you have unpublished payment summaries when you commence the lodgement process, the following message will appear:
You can still lodge the payment summaries, however you will need to submit a further lodgement once the unpublished payment summaries are published.
If you have any questions around lodging your PAYG payment summaries, please let us know via email@example.com.