Reportable employer super contributions (RESC) are required by the ATO to be reported separately on employee payment summaries.
There are 3 ways you can have reportable employer super contributions show up on the your payment summaries.
- Initial Values
- Pre-Tax deduction paid to a super fund (salary sacrifice Super)
- Super adjustment specified as an employer contribution
These methods are described in detail below
If you are migrating from another payroll system and have recorded RESC payments in your old system, you can set RESC payments in the employee opening balances by following these steps:
- Open the employee file that you wish to apply the RESC amounts to and click on the "Opening Balances" menu item on the left hand side
- If you want to record RESC payments that were over and above the SGC amount but weren't salary sacrifice deductions, you can set a value in the "Employer Super Contributions" section
- If you want to record RESC payments that were made as part of a salary sacrifice arrangement, you can do so by using the "deductions" section of the initial values.
**NOTE: For deduction amounts to appear as RESC amounts on the payment summary they must be pre-tax deductions and have the RESC check box ticked
You can find more about setting opening balances here
If you want a pre-tax deduction to be recorded as a RESC payment on the payment summaries, you need to follow these steps:
- From within a pay run, click on the employee you want to record the RESC payment for and click the "Actions" button and select "Make a Deduction"
- Select a deduction category. For it to be recorded as a RESC payment it must be a pre-tax deduction.
- Next, you need to select a super fund. This is important as a pre-tax deduction will only be recorded as a RESC payment if it's also paid to a super fund.
- Enter in the payment amount and verify all the values are correct.
The final way a super payment can be recorded as a RESC payment is via an employer contribution. To make an employer contribution, you need to follow these steps:
- From within a pay run, click on the employee you want to record the RESC payment for and click the "Actions" button and select "Adjust Super"
- Select the "Employer Contribution" adjustment type
- Enter the contribution amount and check that all the values are correct
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org