**NOTE When using any Xero integration features, you need to have at least "Standard + Payroll Admin" access (https://help.xero.com/au/PayrollAdmin$StdPA)
If you've been previously using Xero payroll and would like to upgrade payroll providers, you can get up and running quickly by using our Xero payroll import.
Using the Xero payroll import will import the following data:
- Employee details
- Employee opening balances
- Leave Categories
- Pay Categories
You can import your Xero payroll data by following these steps:
- Log into your payroll file and go to "Employees" -> "Import Employee Data"
- Under the "Employee Import" section, select "Xero" from the "Import Employees From" drop down
QBO users go to Payroll Settings, then click on Import Employees ....then choose the Xero Payroll option
- Click the "Connect to Xero" link. You will then be redirected to Xero where you will be required to select the Xero file you want to import payroll data for
- When you are returned to KeyPay, you should see the "Import payroll data from Xero" button.
Click that button and your payroll data will start importing.