If you pay employees from multiple ABN's, you may use employing entities to do so. You can set up those entities and their pay slip logos here. The pay slips will show the employing entities details rather than the main businesses details. You can add an employing entity by following these steps:
- From the "Business" menu click on "Payroll Settings" and then under the "Business Settings" section, select "Employing Entities"
- Click the green "Add" button to the right of screen. You will then be prompted with the following fields:
- Contact Name
- Signatory Name (contact name will be used if none specified)
- Contact Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Fax Number
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- External ID
- Option for 'Is this employer exempt from FBT under section 57A of the FBTAA 1986?'
Once you save this information, you will be able to upload a corresponding logo if desired.
Assigning an Employee to an Employing Entity
You can assign an employing entity to an employee by one of two ways. Firstly, you can assign individuals to an entity, or you can 'bulk' assign for a quicker process.
Here's how you assign individual employees to an employing entity:
- Open the employee file and click on the "Tax File Declaration" page
- The first field on the screen offers you the option to select "Employing Entity"
- You are then able to choose to make the change effective from "today", "employee's start date", or "custom date".
- Select the employing entity you wish to assign this employee too and click "Save"
Here's how you 'bulk' assign employees to an employing entity:
- Go to "Payroll Settings" -> "Employing Entities" page
- Click on "Reassign Employing Entities" tab
3. In the "Select Employees" tab, you have the ability to select one or more employee's by simply typing in their name and selecting them when it comes up.
4. Choose the new employing entity from the options. If you only have one other employing entity, this will show as a default option.
5. You are then able to choose to make the change effective from "today", "employee's start date", or "custom date".
6. Click "Change Employing Entities" to save.
Things of note in regards to Employing Entities:
- At the end of the year a Payment Summary (and EMPDUPE file if you're still using this method instead of the new/updated method which is electronic reporting of the payment summaries themselves) will be produced for each employing entity. Additionally, if an employee works for multiple entities during the year, they'll have a Payment Summary produced for each entity that they have worked for.
- If you have additional employing entities in your business file, most (but not all) reports will allow you to filter by employing entity.
- You can't have one employee employed by two different entities at the same time.
If you have any questions or feedback please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org