You can configure and grant a user employee, portal access to their employee file, by following these steps:
- Go to Payroll Settings -> Employee Portal Settings:
QBO users access the 'Payroll Settings' via the below tab:
- You will be presented with a screen (see image below) that has variety of options for you to choose from. Tick the boxes to grant employees the type of access you want them to have.
- Further on this, you can also configure the level of access an employee has in reference to timesheets. The options available are:
- Not access timesheets. This means that employees will not be able to view timesheets in WorkZone or the employee portal.
- View their own timesheets. This means that employees can view timesheets in the employee portal but can not create or edit them. Note this feature is not currently available in WorkZone.
- Only edit their own timesheets. This means that employees can create and edit timesheets in the Employee Portal and WorkZone. They will not be able to edit Kiosk created timesheet lines.
- Only edit timesheets created via the kiosk. This means that employees will only be able to edit timesheets in the Employee Portal that originated from the Kiosk. They will not be able to create timesheet lines in the Employee Portal. Note that WorkZone will have timesheets disabled when this is set.
- Create and edit all timesheets. This means that employees' will be able to create and edit both Employee Portal, WorkZone and Kiosk generated timesheets through the Employee Portal and WorkZone.
- Once you have selected the tick boxes that you require select the "Access" tab on the top of the screen (see red arrow in image above).
- You will then be presented with a list of your employees. Using the tick boxes to the left of the employees name (see image below - Fig. 1) you are able to grant the employee access to the functions you selected in the previous screen. To do this, tick the box adjacent to the employee/s you wish to grant access. Once ticked the green "Grant Access" (Fig. 2) and red "Revoke Access" (Fig. 3) buttons will highlight. Use these buttons to either Grant or Revoke access for the employee/s you have selected.
If you would like to see a video tutorial for this, click on the link below:
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com