Employee Rostering allows you to create and delete shifts which you can assign to an employee.
You can create a shift by following these steps:
- Navigate to the employee rostering screen
- If you're viewing the calendar in "day" view and you have grouped the resources by "Employee" you will see a list of employees on the left of the calendar.
- To create a shift, click on the employee row that you'd like to create the shift for and the column that corresponds to the start time of the shift. Optionally, you can drag while clicking to the time that corresponds to the end time of the shift
- This will then display the "Create shift" dialog where you can edit the:
- Shift start and end time
- Work Type
- or Add a break
You can copy shifts from one day to the next, or from one week to the next (to save time) by following these steps:
1. Click on the Copy Shifts button (in either Day or Week view)
2. Select which day you wish to copy to, then click Copy...
or select "to next week", then click Copy...
Deleting a shift
You can delete any shift that hasn't been published by following these steps:
- Click on the shift that you want to delete
- In the shift dialog that appears, click the "Delete" link
The shift will now be deleted and no longer visible on the calendar. Alternatively, you can delete all of the shifts using the red Delete Shifts button.
Warnings when creating shifts
When you create a shift, you may get a warning when assigning an employee to a shift. You will get a warning when attempting to assign an employee in the following situations:
- If an employee is already scheduled to work another shift that overlaps with the shift you're trying to create
- If an employee is unavailable for the day that the shift is being created
- If an employee has leave approved for the time that the shift is being created
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org