Once you have created some expense categories (The tutorial can be found in Expense Categories - Creating and Managing), you can begin assigning these expenses to employees as recurring expenses, which will take effect every pay run.
To begin, select the 'Employees' tab on the payroll dashboard:
Once you have chosen an employee, click the 'Pay Run Inclusions' tab in the 'Pay Run Settings' section on the left hand side of the screen.
You will be taken to the following screen:
To add a new recurring employer liability, click the green Add button on the right of Expenses and complete the following details:
- Select the appropriate expense category from the drop down list.
- Select the location the expense should be costed against. This will default to the employee's default location however you can change this to another location that the employee is attached to.
- Assign a tax code to expense categories to cater for sales taxes that may be applied to expense claims. If you are attached to a cloud accounting system such as QuickBooks, Xero or Saasu, you’ll be able to select the tax code from your accounting system to be pre-populated when your employees submit an expense claim.
- Enter the expense reimbursement amount to be applied per pay run.
- Enter any notes if you want the employee to see them on their pay slip.
- Enter the date this inclusion is to commence.
- Choose when this inclusion should cease (a specific end date, never or once a particular dollar amount has been reached).
- Click on 'Save'.
Now, the next time you create a pay run that includes this employee, this expense will be automatically added.
If you wish to edit an expense after it has been created, click its name in the list of expenses that have been assigned to this employee. You'll be able to edit any of the properties of that expense (apart from the expense category).
To delete an expense, click the red cross on the far right hand side of its entry.
You'll be prompted to confirm the deletion.
Please note that expenses are not included in end of year payment summaries.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know via email@example.com